Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Wernie

Default merging a text file in word

I have a text file that consists of more field codes than Access or Excel can
handle that needs to be merged into a Word document. When I used Word 2000
for this purpose my mail merges were very fast. I could print and sort
through records pretty rapidly. Upon, upgrading to Word 2002 and Word 2003,
these same mail merges take an extremely longer time to complete. I have
tried reverting back to some of the old connection methods that were used in
Word 2000, but with very little luck. The only option I get that works is to
connect using a text file, which unfortunately for me gives me the result of
having a very slow template. Is there a way to force a different connection,
using a text file that will be similar to the way that Word 2000 interprets
text files? Thanks