Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Aleksander Aleksander is offline

Default Graphs in Microsoft Word

Dear Bob Buckland and Suzanne,

Table consists of two columns. I need to put the graph with the values of the first column as X-coordinate and the values of the second column as Y-coordinate.
As I understand, this corresponds to giving Data range in Chart Wizard (Step 2 of 4), when using Microsoft Excel tables. How can I make this?

Best regards,
Aleksander

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
You say, "In Word 2007, the chart engine uses Excel to hold the data." How
does this work if you have a freestanding version of Word (that is, you
don't have Excel 2007 installed)? Do you not get the charting ability?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Alexsander,

In Word prior to 2007, select the table and use Insert=Picture=Chart will
create a chart/graph of the table data you can then modify.

In Word 2007, the chart engine uses Excel to hold the data. One approach is
to select the table, right click and copy the table data to the clipboard.
Then place the cursor in your Word document where you want the chart,
Insert=Chart and in the spread sheet that comes up select and paste over
the sample data.

"Aleksander" wrote in message
Hello,

The data is put in Microsoft Word table. The problem is to put the data as a
graph or insert it into the cells of Microsoft Excel table.

Best regards,
Aleksander
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)