Graham Mayor

If you are going to insert a floating image then you are going to have to
use the autotext method. Position the word art before saving it as autotext.

Bill Watkins wrote:
I've had a little more luck getting the WordArt pastes into the IF
field, but I'm having trouble getting reliable behaivior from the
field if the WordArt object is "floating". It seems like once the IF
field inserts the object as floating, it can't be removed by a later
update of the field. The floating object remains even if I delete
the entire field, and can only be deleted by direct deletion of the
object. (It's made more confusing, because there's no apparent
indication that the object is "in" the fieldcode.)

The behavior seems reliable if I insert the object as an in-line
"Picture", but in this case, you lose the object positioning
information and have to mess around with paragraph positioning (of
the field itself).

Inserting from Autotext also worked, but in this case, it looks like
you have to contend with template storage.

"Bill Watkins" wrote in message
Graham, thanks for the tip --

I had tried to find a way to "grab" the WordArt object and paste it
into the IF "action" field before I posted the question, but
couldn't figure a way to do it (I couldn't seem to find a link field
or anything similar "underneath" it that actually stored the
object). Can you suggest how to copy it?

Thanks,
Bill

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You can use the Word Art (in Word 2002/3) in the conditional field
just as if it were text,
or save the required artwork as an autotext entry and use the
conditional field to insert an autotext field to call the graphic.
eg
{IF {Mergefield fieldname} = condition "Put your Word Art here"}
or
{IF {Mergefield fieldname} = condition "{Autotext "name"}"}

You will have to build the condition by hand using CTRL+F9 for the
field delimiters.

Bill Watkins wrote:
Is there a way using the IF field to conditionally include a
WordArt object?

Thanks.