Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Corrupt font? condensed on screen and print, but not in format pre

Graham Mayor has posted this reply to a similar question:

*******
According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to
have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in
use. You can usually 'unscramble' the display from File=Print and switch
to the printer properties or to another printer then your normal one, or
close Word and delete all files found on Start=Search and looking for
~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting Word." See also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
*******

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"manoa" wrote:

I formatted a letter for mail merge and tried to print one page. Now, all
text is condensed to 1/2" width on left margin. When I open
format/font/character spacing ... the preview looks fine. Scale, spacing and
position are all normal.

Word would not let me "undo" and when I closed the file without saving ...
it still looks odd. The original file is also corrupted.