Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default Document map and hidden text

Hi Robert

As far as I know, there is no way for text that is hidden to appear in the
Document Map.

Bear in mind, too, that whether hidden text is displayed or printed is up to
the user, not the creator of the file. I display hidden text all the time.
If anyone sends me a document with hidden text, I'll see it.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Robert McN" wrote in message
news
One of my favorite features in MS Word is the Document Map, as it helps me
clearly organize what could be complex documents. I would like to have one
level of Heading that uses hidden text, as a way of keeping track on the
ideas that I'm including in the text, but not for my readers to see.
Unfortunately, if I format the heading (say, Heading 4) so that the font
is
"hidden text," then the heading no longer appears in the Document Map. Is
there any way to have a heading that is in hidden text but shows up in the
Document Map?
Any assistance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Bob