Marko Pinteric

Default Bug in Table Style

Hello Word Experts!

I hope you will find some time to help this Word amateur with his problem.

I am trying to make a template for my company, as I have (perhaps rather
naive) belief that this will all of us save some time. With LaTeX, in
which I have some expertise, styling is difficult, but has fabulous
results, in word styling is buggy and often does not provide options you
want to change.

Well, we do a lot of tables and text in tables should be 10 points only.
However, it is impossible to do that, in table style all sizes but 10
points work. I have searched www and did find some references to this
problem, but no real solution. The only solution suggested was to make
Normal style 10 points, but of course such solution results in total
mess with ALL OTHER STYLES (which are, of course, also based on Normal).
So this is - as I see it - out of the question. There is also another
thing I have noted and which is not documented on www. If I wish to do
vertical AND horizontal alignment of text in tables, normal style text
should be left aligned. In my case we use justified alignment, so my
alignments specified in the table style are simply ignored by Word!

You guys are the very last straw in my pursuit. Should I give up and
conclude that Word styling is crap and let my coworkers and myself
continue writing dirty documents (with 200+ ad hoc styles!) Or is there
a light in the end of the tunnel?

Thank you for your answers and best regards,

Marko

(if possible, reply to e-mail as well)