Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Mail Merge Recipient List

There does not appear to be anything in the editing of the data file in
Access that would prevent the file from being used with Word's merge tools.
Did you re-attach the data after editing it in Access?

Jim Laumann wrote:
I successfully created a mail merge in Word 2003 and the 'EDIT'
button in the MAIL MERGE RECIPIENTS dialog box allowed me to edit and
customize the fields. I then opened the Address List file with the
mdb extension in Access 2003. Now I can no longer use the EDIT button
to add recipients.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Jim