Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cordova cordova is offline

Default Table and Figure Numbering

I forgot to mention I am in 2003.

"cordova" wrote:

This only includes Heading 1 numbering. I need the numbering to follow
multiple levels. For instance:

1.0 Heading
Table 1-1
1.1 Heading
Table 1.1-1
1.1.1 Heading
Table 1.1.1-1

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In the Caption dialog, click the Numbering... button and choose "Include
chapter number."

http://word.mvps.org

"cordova" wrote in message
I know there is a way but I can't remember for the life of me how to
accomplish this.
I am trying to number figures and tables according to the section they
fall
under, whether its a Heading 1 or a Heading 4 which are all set to outline
numbering. The only way I can think to do this is create a caption for
each
level but I am sure there is another way. Any suggestions? Thanks in
advance.

Example:
1.2.4 Heading
Table 1.2.4-1 Table Heading