Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Irisheyes Irisheyes is offline

Default Hiding Table Borders When Printing

Thanks Suzanne for your knowledgeable reply, so now I have 3 routes to
solving my problem, yours being shorter routes than mine which I have tested
and they work incredibily quick, the Ctrl + Alt + U being the winner.

OK you were right about me stating "Hide" and not "Remove" in my question
but I didn't realise the two differences when wanting to omit the borders for
printing purposes.

Thank you again Suzanne for your time

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+Alt+U will remove borders from a table. Alternatively, select the table
with the table handle and select No Border on the dropdown from the Borders
button in the Paragraph group on the Home tab.

Your question suggested that you wanted to use borders in order to be able
to see cell boundaries but didn't want them to print. You didn't ask how to
*remove* borders but how to "hide" them.