Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Mike is offline

Default How do I protect the checkbox in my form

i use the web tools from the toolbar. however, i think i'm discovering
something, the security level in my Word is high, so, i'm trying out
something else.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

How are you inserting the checkboxes?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"mike" wrote in message
Thanks BobT. I'm using Word 2003. I have tried this but I discovered that
when I send the forms out, my respondents cannot click on the checkboxes
as
they seem to be lock by the protection.

"BobT" wrote:

You didn't mention the version you are on, so my steps will vary if you
are
not on Word 2003. With the file open, choose TOOLS then PROTECT
DOCUMENT.
The protection you want is to allow only Filling In Forms and (in 2003)
you
have to click on the Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button, at which
point
you will be prompted for a password (which you can leave empty if you
want).

"mike" wrote:

i created a form which i would email to other to complete, but i they
can't
click on the check box o select. i have tried to protect the doc and
found
that it lock the check boxes. please, how do i complete this