Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Default Update Auto Text (file name & path)

Update fields. No menu command except you can update all fields in a document
each time you print it. Click Options on the Tools menu, click the Print tab,
and then select the Update fields check box.

--
Rae Drysdale

"Frank" wrote:

Yes it does, Thank you!
Question tho...What did I just do by doing that?
Is there a corresponding menu command?

Thanks!

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Go into the header or footer area and press the F9 key. Does that solve your
problem?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Frank" wrote:

I would expect the AutoText File Name & Path in a Footer to update when I do
a "Save As" but it doesn't.
Am I wrong to expect that?
It doesn't update even if I close the document & re-open it.
It does update if I close Word & then re-open it.

Thanks in advance...
Frank