Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paul Hermans Paul Hermans is offline

Default Styles - Tables - Unexpected Tabs...

I am working on a large training manual. I need to periodically insert a 1
row table with borders on and 2 columns that is as wide as the margins. The
first column will have a small image in it, the second a "Title" and "body"
text.....each with a different style.

I created all this manually, then created an AutoText entry from it.

I placed about 50 of them and all of a sudden the styles disappeared on the
AutoText Entry....no idea why

Also, the tables I placed previously (which looked great at the time) are
now all wrong....the image in column 1 is not visible, the text in Column 2
has Tabs inserted for no apparent reason....

I clear formatting on column2 and all looks ok...except the font etc so I
reapply the Style.....and word again inserts a @#$ tab. The Style does not
have any tabs defined so I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix
it.

Any guidance would be really great!!!
Thanks in advance

Paul