Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ccm1205 ccm1205 is offline

Default How to Print an outline just to a certain level in MSWord Outl

Stefen,

You are correct! It just worked as you predicted. Many thanks for your
assistance. I was previewing the result through "print preview" and clearly
wasn't getting a true wysiwyg functionality. My only challenge now is to
remember your point when I need to use this feature again in the future.....
since I don't believe anywhere in the documentation or online MS help does it
say that Print Previiew should not be used if you want to print excactly what
is on the screen.

Thanks again!
Marty

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you sure about this? At least in previous versions, you *could*
print a collapsed outline, assuming that you did it directly from
Outline view (and not via Print Preview).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
Hi ccm

ccm1205 wrote:
in Word2002 how can one print a Word document in outline mode to

only a
predefined level of the outline? When I print it now, the whole

document
prints even when I have it displayed on the screen collapsed.

Thanks in
advance for any help you can provide. MN

There's no way to do that via outline view. You could in theory make
sure that all but the desired heading styles have the "hidden" text
property. Depending on the style hierarchy, that might be achieved

with
very few mouse clicks.

A more elegant solution is to create a TOC on the desired outline

levels
only. You can adjust the TOC styles to reflect the heading styles
exactly, you can suppress page numbers --- that should do it. I

suggest
you read up on TOC field code switches in Word's offline help and

come
back if you need more help.

HTH
Robert