Posted to microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Default Open Doc and Go To

Let's say you name the bookmark "StartHere". Then this code in the template
will place the cursor at the bookmark when a new document is created:

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("StartHere").Range.Select
End Sub

The AutoNew macro name is special -- it runs automatically when a new
document is created from the template (and not at any other time, unless you
manually start it).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Raymond wrote:
Hello,

Hope I can get some instruction on how to set a template so that the
new document opens with the cursor located further on in the document
at some book mark. I think maybe using a Go To comand in a macro that
runs when the document starts, but I don't know how to do it...

Please help if you have suggestions...

Thanks!
Raymond