CyberTaz

Default How do I remove the read only attribute from a word 2003 web page

Hi Mark-

Quite possibly the file attribs have been set to Read Only. Rather than
trying to open the files, navigate to the folder, right-click one and choose
Properties. If there is a check in the Read Only box, remove it.

If that proves to be the case, you can back up one level, right-click the
folder & remove the attrib for all files in it at once.

If Read Only had been applied using Word you would probably remember being
prompted to use a password and would be prompted for that password when
trying to open the file, along with an option to open for editing _or_ as
Read Only. If you didn't set a Password to Modify you would only have been
able to check the box for Read Only Recommended, which would generate a
prompt on opening but not prevent editing the file & saving changes once
opened.

Regards |:)

"Mark" wrote:

I have created several documents as web pages and saved them to an IIS 6.0
server. I now need to edit the documents and they are set as read only. I
have full permissions to the documents on the web site but can't edit due to
the read only restriction. I think I may have accidentaly set somrthing in
Word 2003 but can't remember what or where it is. Any help greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark