Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default Two types of page numbering in the same footer?

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=190550 "WD: How to Create
Two-Page Numbering Schemes in One Document".

Jen wrote:

I have a multi-section document with page numbers in the footers (each page
says Page X of Y).

However, for some sections, I'd like to have that overall page numbering in
addition to numbering just within the section. For example, on the left it
would say (e.g.) Appendix A - Page 1 of 3, while on the right it would say
Page X of Y (with these latter being relative to the entire document).

I've always done this manually, with section breaks between each page of
each appendix (PITB!!) but I'm wondering whether it's possible to do it
automatically.

Thanks,
Jen