Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ART ART is offline

Default dafault setting to start in ms word

Finally It worked when I changed the "normal" file. Thanks A lot. One small
problem is that when I start word it starts left to right and the english
font, but if I press the left to right button in the tool bar, it reverses
and goes to hebrew?
any way thanks a lot

"art" wrote:

I Know that it should work, but I tried so many times but in vain. I made a
new user on the computer and opened word and everything was fine there, but
on the other user that I always use it just won't work and I need this user I
can't delete it. I wish it would work. Maybe I changed something by mistake.
please help.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Performing the steps described in Cindy Meister's article *does*
change normal.dot. It is possible that these changes aren't saved, for
some reason. You could try opening normal.dot as a document (via File
| Open; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...alTemplate.htm
for instructions), change the language via Tools | Language | Set
Language and see if that helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"art" wrote in message
I tried doing these thing, but won't work, every time I open word,

it starts
in right to left format, even after I changed the laguge setting, I

made the
font default to left to right, and nothing worked. Could be that I

changed
the normal.dot default, please help. thanks.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

For instructions on specifying the correct language settings in

Word,
see http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"art" wrote in message
how do I change that ms word should open in left to right

format, it
always
starts in right to left format in new tmies roman font, and when

change it
to left to right it changes the font to hebrew, I tried changing

the
default but dosn't work?