Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kbj11 kbj11 is offline

Default normal.dot problem?

Hi there,
I'm running Office Pro 2003 and a couple of days ago some "brackets"
(greyed out, look like they belong to headers/footers) started appearing in
all 4 corners of my Word documents in print layout and print preview (only).
I've tried all the options of turning things off/on in the tools-options-view
menu, as well as just about everywhere else. I took my computer by the
school's helpdesk and they said the brackets were called placeholders, and
that it was a normal.dot problem, but weren't able to fix it. I have tried
running the support utility (/a startup) and going through each of the
options, as well as renaming the template personally and trying to get Word
to recreate a fresh template. Nothing has worked. It's not huge deal, but it
is rather annoying and distracting. Any suggestions? Thank you very much.