Ferrell516

Yes, the antecedent of "it" is €śWord 2000,€ť which I thought would be obvious,
since XP (not "Windows XP," for brevity) does not install IE 5.0.

Your advice was helpful. I will check the custom installation, of which I
should have thought myself.

Thanks.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

If you are asking whether Word 2000 is compatible with Windows XP, the answer
is 'yes'. I'm not sure what the "it" is that tries to install IE 5.0 unless
you are installing Office 2000 on a Win XP system.

It's been a long time since I did that type of installation, but I think
there is an option as to whether you want to do a complete or custom install.
If you choose custom you can specify which components to include/exclude.

HTH |:)

"mwf516" wrote:

Is Word 2000 compatable with XP SP2? (It tries to install IE 5.0!)