Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Serengetti

Default saving autotext entries

Hi Graham,
I don't think it is after a crash.

I just tried an experiment. I discovered I didn't have a Normal.dot template
so I thought that might be the problem. I tried to create one. What I think
you do is, without any documents open, just select open new blank document
from the file menu. I think that is supposed to give me a new file based on
Word's defaults. Well I reentered a couple of autotext entries and saved it
as a template named Normal.dot. I tried to quit word and got the same warning
"Word cannot save changes to the global template because it was opened with
read-only access."

So, How can I get a new Normal template based on Word's defaults but with
write privileges? I cannot find any place in the program to let me change a
preference so the template can be written to.

Thanks,