Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
AJ AJ is offline

Default Reconstructing Styles

I guess I need to show all styles, rather than the basic few, modify as
needed, then delete the ones I won't need from the specific template.
Thankyou.
--
AJ

"srd" wrote:

Here's a good mvp article for a Microsoft MVP or aspiring one to write. In
fact, I nominate Jezebel.

Users make a lot of mistakes in setting up styles. They use Normal as a
variable base style; they fail to use Word's ready-made heading styles;
they fail to incorporate their list numbering into styles, etc. Take all
of these common errors and address the situation of the user who has many
styles in place that are in these ways unsound. What is the most efficient
way for the user to make his or her system of styles rational and proper,
starting not from the artificial position of the user totally innocent of
styles but from the user who has applied styles inconsistently and
incorrectly.

--
Stephen R. Diamond