rgrodrigues rgrodrigues is offline
Junior Member

Default Using NUMWORDS in an IF statement

I want to echo a warning message when the number of words in a document is larger than 10000.
I used the field

{IF {NUMWORDS} 10000 " - Too much words. Please reduce the manuscript to no more than 10000 words." "OK" \* MERGEFORMAT}

I also tried IF NUMWORDS 10000

But I always get the True result " - Too much words. Please reduce the manuscript to no more than 10000 words.", even when NUMWORDS is 700.
I used Ctrl + F9 to insert {}. And also tried IF NUMWORDS 10000, with the same result.

Any ideas on the solution?

Thanks in advance.

(as the "greater than" symbol does not show up in the post, I added an image of the field.)
Attached Images