Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Sutton

Default How do I Print a full page of return adress labels

Thanks Jay, I missed your response. See my response to Suzanne. You solved
my follow-up question to her. Thank you too.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Hi John,

The Envelope portion of the Envelopes & Labels dialog uses the paragraph
style named Envelope Address to format the address. In contrast, the Label
portion of the dialog uses the paragraph style named Normal. These styles
can be defined differently (aside from the usual difference that the
Envelope Address style includes a frame to position the text).

If the Normal style contains a nonzero "Space After" setting, that will
spread the lines on the label but not on an envelope.

You can modify the Normal style to remove the Space After, but that would
affect the spacing throughout your document. It's probably better to select
the text in the Address box of the Label dialog, right-click it, select
Paragraph to open the formatting dialog, and set the Space After to zero.
The right-click menu also includes Font to let you set the font name, size,
etc. for the label.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

John Sutton wrote:
Dear Suzanne: I saw your response re 5267 labels on 1/2/06. The
problem I'm having may be the same one that the other writer had. [I
know how to do address lanbels, etc.]
But on the 5267, 1/2 x 1 3/4, 7-point font is needed. However, when
I input the return address on 4 lines, which should fit easily, (and
I even went to using Ariel,) Word invokes a wider line spacing in
"Label", (not found using "Envelope" option where the same text fits
and prints fine on the envelope, and in my chosen font ). A full line
spacing appears between the text lines, which pushes one line off the
page. And only 3 of the 4lines are printed within the available
space. Of course it looks tacky with the wide line spacing.
My guess is that there's a built-in line spacing in the line template.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Assuming you have already gone to Tools [| Letters and Mailings] |
Envelopes and Labels and chosen the Labels tab and selected the
Avery 5267 label, all you need to do is either check the box for
"Full page of the same label" and type your text into the window or
click "New Document," type your text into a single label, Copy,
select the table, and Paste.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"1crazytab" wrote in message
I'm using Avery 5267 labels and Micro-soft template any help would
be great.