Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default Word 2006

It's rare that anyone ever uses my name and "normal" together. ;-)

I understand the frustration of dealing with people who's native language is
not the same as our own. My usual trick is to politely end the call and try
again. If I am fortunate, the next person I talk to will understand me a bit
more.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"drybones" wrote in message
JoAnn,
You are most correct in the normal sense and I stand corrected.
The individual I was attempting to talk to was obviously not from the USA
and
had 'much' difficulty replying to many clearly pronounced terminologies I
attempted to use even after repeating 2 to 3 times.

I sent off the original post because of the above.

I did cancel the computer. Next call, an English speaking individual with
the
ability to comprehend English answered and we were able to finalize the
purchase.

I do thank ALL responders for assist in this, I bow to your knowledge.
drybones

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
A wee word of advice - Before calling the people a Dell names, make sure
you know what you're talking about. Perhaps the Dell employee had some
less than kind thoughts about you when you requested Word 2006.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"drybones" wrote in message
Have new Dell computer on way.
It will have MS Office 2003 Basic Edition, Dimension, DHS installed.

I had asked for Word 2006 (verbally on the phone) when ordering.
I think I am getting Word 2003. sigh

What the heck is being installed?

Talking to Dell sometimes is like talking to a deaf mute.

Please advise me which Word product I actually am getting.

Thanks,
drybones