Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default INCLUDEPICTURE w/ unique " mail merge" file names prints wrong

Sorry, I forgot: you may also need to go into Word Tools|Options|General|Web
options|Files|Update links on save (even though you are not doing anything
to do with the web).

Also, when you merge to a new document, you should be able to see the field
codes generated by the merge. If you use Alt-F9 to look at one of them, what
do you see (there should still be an INCLUDEPICTURE field but no MERGEFIELD
field there)? Are there any spaces in the file name that shouldn't be there?

Peter Jamieson

"Bryan G" wrote in message
Peter,
I tried both methods to no avail. I selected two letters and went into
edit
individaul letters, use Cntl-A and F9, and it did not expand the link. I
moved the files off the network drive to the local drive with the same
results.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Typically you have to do one of the following:
a. check either the "Update fields" or "Update links", or both options
in
Word's Tools|Options|Print dialog
b. if that does not work and you are merging directly to the printer, I
think you will have to merge to an output document, select the entire
document (e.g. control-A), and update all the fields using F9 before
printing.

Peter Jamieson
"Bryan G" Bryan wrote in message
I am successfully using the INCLUDEPICTURE command, and using a "mail
merge"
field to identify specific .tif files I want to use as page 2 of a
letter.
When I view the document, the correct .tif files are being created.

Once the Word 2003 goes to print the .tif file from the first record
propagates to all subsequent records. The command I am using looks
like
this

{INCLUDEPICTURE "J:\\abc\\{ MERGEFIELD "Reference" }.tif"
\*MERGEFORMAT}