Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elfmajesty elfmajesty is offline

Default Cross-Reference Font Changes?

I have tried to find this answer before posting, but am not having any luck.

I have a document wherein my Level 1 Style numbered Paragraphs are formatted
as such:

ARTICLE I

ARTICLE II

etc.

When I cross-reference them in other paragraphs, it comes in with that font
formatting (all caps) such as if I said, "That feature is defined in ARTICLE
II."

We would like our cross-references to come in as "That feature is defined in
Article II."

Can this be done? I've tried numerous this with the \* Charformat and \*
MERGEFORMAT switches, but I can't get it right.

Here's an example of our reference code:
{REF_Ref139705754\r \h}

Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Elf