Xazos Xazos is offline
Junior Member

Default in pagination can't get keep lines together to work

Hi I'm new to this forum but have visited other forums. I have a problem with word 2016 which others have tried to help me with, to no avail. It's probably really simple but I'm just not getting it and am become more frustrated. Here it is. I am just trying to make a simple 3 column directory that will probably around 10 pages long. I set up the margins, columns, then under paragraph I set my spacing and since I want to keep everything looking trim and no breaking between columns and pages. Then I import my worksheet from Excel and insert all the necessary fields, do a preview and everything looks good to go. Right? No when I click on finish and merge with both window orphan control(default) and keep lines together and click on all records to finish the merge all the data does indeed appear but in a single column. The funny thing is if I just use orphan control it puts all the data in the 3 columns like I want but then I get addresses breaking across both columns and pages. I've wracked my brain and took all advice but I just can't get it to work. Help!!!!

Xazos