Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tartanhill

Default how do I set up template to divide page into sections

Hi, Doug,
I can do everything but set it up for 5 rows. I have a columns table but
not one for the rows. Any suggestions?
Bob

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I assume that you are using Letter Size paper (8.5" x 11") Set the top
margin to 1.25", the bottom to 1" and the left and right to 0.85"
Now insert a 4 column by 5 row table and then from the tables menu, select
Table Properties and then the Columns tab and set the column widths to 1.7"
and then go to the rows tab and set the row heights to 1.7" exactly. You
will then have your 20 1.7 inch squares.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"tartanhill" wrote in message
Thank you, Charles. A coin dealer told me that I could set up a template
that would put 20 ( 4 X 5 ) 1.7 inch squares that I could write
descriptions
on. I don't know if I have that ability on Word or not. I might try your
method if I can't find out how to set up the other program.
Thanks again,
Bob

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Use a table, perhaps 5 columns by 11 rows. Reduce the width of columns 2
and
4 so that 1, 3 and 5 can be 1.7. Reduce the height of rows 2, 4, 6, 8 and
10. Then increase that of the odd numbered rows so that you will have
them
at 1.7 inches high. This gives you 3x6 = 18 squares.
If you don't mind adjacent rows, you could eliminate the spacer even
numbered rows altogether and use 7 rows, giving you 21 squares.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/tables.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"tartanhill" wrote in message
How do I set up a template to divide a page into twenty equal sections
that
are 1.7 inches square. I want to write coin descriptions on each
individual
square.