Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Why does my font change in a mail merge?

Press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of the field codes and inside the
closing } of the merge fields, add \* CHARFORMAT (replacing \* MERGEFORMAT
if it is there) and then apply the desired formatting to the M of {
MERGEFIELD

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"pegasusa" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 and my letter, fields and data base all contain Arial
10,
but when I merge to a new document the merged fields do not remain as
Arial
10, but another font.

Any suggestions?

BTW, I cannot select all and change to font since there are some bold
fonts
and larger titles. Maybe I have to change something within Tools?

Thanks in advance