Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 won't Launch

The usual causes are a) corrupted registry entries or b) corrupted
normal.dotm.

For starters... I assume that you've tried rebooting.

Will Word start in Safe Mode? Hold down the Ctrl key when you start Word and
click Yes to the prompt asking if you want to start in Safe Mode.

If it starts in Safe Mode... close Word and locate Normal.dotm, and either
rename it or delete it.

If Word starts now, you're done.

If not, try deleting the Data key in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord

This page contains info on editing the registry:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Harry_l" wrote in message
I have Office Ultimate installed and when I click on any word document or
just the launch icon...word does not launch. This started just a day ago.
have never had problems before...I checked for viruses, worms, etc... I
disabled and then removed my Norton...still no launch, I ran diagnostics,
and online update complete patches for 2007 version, still no launch...I
AM
LOST...PLEASE HELP!