Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terri Terri is offline

Default Footer margin, text margin, and bottom of page problems

The dissertation style requires the bottom margin be 1 inch from the bottom
of the page, and the page number be at the top of the 1 inch bottom margin,
so it is 1 inch from the bottom of the page. I have set the Footer Margin in
Page Setup to 1 inch, and the Page margin to 1 inch which I thought was the
right way to set the margin to get the required margin. However, now I have
a 2 inch margin at the page number and the text starts one line directly
above the page number. What is the right way to get the bottom margin I
need? Are there other settings within Word, printer settings or ?? that
could affect the footer margin?

I've checked the usual Help commands and Assistance as well as Knowledge
Base and haven't found an answer.