Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default unable to add or delete from document i scanned

That's probably because sometimes it's tough to be positive that doing
volunteer work is a good thing. ;-)

(I need to remember that next week when I turn in my quarterly report and my
annual report to national headquarters.)

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Too many negatives in that sentence, but we get the idea.

so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Yes - if I didn't truly believe that the hours of work I put in without

pay
weren't worthwhile, I wouldn't do it. But I'm convinced that there are
people who are grateful for my efforts and that's what keeps me going.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"gordo" wrote in message
As they say, I feel your pain. Too many hours of volunteer work. But,
rewarding.

Gordo

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
I've found the the version of Text Bridge that came with my scanner is
much more accurate than ODI's OCR software. For that reason alone I
scanned in most of the manual I'm converting to an electronic version

at
home. As if I don't do enough volunteer work already... ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"gordo" wrote in message
Office has an OCR program included. You can use it to create an

editable
document from a scanned page.
See these sites regarding the Document Imaging capabilities in
Office.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH010423891033

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...193601033.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...001181033.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.11).aspx

Gordo

"Burt" wrote in message
After document was scanned to word i tried to make necessary changes
such as
deleting a paragraph and adding a new paragraph. What can i do.

Best,

Burt