Jezebel

If you simply define a tab, it applies only to the paragraph you're in. If
you want it to apply throughout, you make it part of the style definition.

"Steve" wrote in message
The default has tabs every 1/2" but I got rid of all of them, and I made
one
on my own - at 2.75" from the left margin. I'm typing a letter, and
that's
where I put my address, date...

Anyway, when I finished the letter, I clicked the tab to type in the
"sincerely yours" but it doesn't work. And I noticed that the black L on
the
top ruler (the tab) isn't there...(and there's no 2.75" tab listed in the
tab
editing window).

The tab only appears when I'm up at the top of the letter.

I did use some numbered indents and bullet points in the letter. They
don't
cancel out the tab, do they? (it's a 6 page letter).

So how the heck do you set a tab that STAYS there during the ENTIRE
document?

Thanks.