Trey

Default Mutliple Records for each document in mail merge

Hi --

Okay -- having reviewed previous posts -- i'm not exactly sure if I have
already seen the answer to my inquiry, so I'm going to go ahead and post my
question and get a concrete answer for my specific goal.

I am undertaking a new project. I will be receiving excel spreadsheets that
will have info. that I need to include in an e-mail merge in a word document.

There is one column called "Customer Name" that will be sorted in Ascending
Order. The next 7 or 8 columns include the various data that needs to be
displayed in the word document.

I need to display as many lines of data _per word document_ as dictated by
the Customer Name column. So -- if there are 4 consecutive records with the
same Customer Name -- then I need to have the current word document display
the data from those 4 records in a 4-line list.

The thing is -- each word document will vary in number of lines of data. It
could be 4 or it could be 40. I need an automated way to make this happen in
word e-mail merge as I may have to populate up to 100 individual word docs
for said merge.

I think I read some things about taking this excel data into Access and then
having the word docs pull from that Access file? Is that easier/more
efficient?

Thanks again for any help you can provide!!

Cheers,

-Trey