Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Word 2003 erractic title caps

Also, try unchecking the "Background Printing" box under
ToolsOptionsPrint.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"GTS" wrote in message
Merging from Excel spreadhseet contaning names & addresses all in caps. I
use If-then-else to get correct formating for name and address and
salutation. I use *\Caps for formal capitalization.
Having gone through the new merge wizard to the preview stage, all is fine
and every record displays correctly.
But I was amazed when I sent to printer that some mergefields went back to
all caps - 500 wasted sheets! Went back to preview letters and preview
shows
same thing. Move to next record then back again and preview now again
showing correct formatting. Try printing again it's back to caps! Hmmm.
Unticked 'update fields' in options - print. No difference.
Tried printing a few records - all OK. Did the same few records again -
some fields all caps again!
Completely bamboozled. I have been merging letters like this for ages
never
had this problem. The only difference this time is more IF-THEN statements
required due to source data. Any ideas?