Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Section breaks

Unfortunately, you cannot do it the way you want because H&Fs are properties
of a section. So without section breaks, anything you attempt to put in the
Header on "page 35" is not limited to just Page 35 and the following two
pages: it will populate the header for the whole of that section or
document.

If it was always Page 35 + 2 pas and no one was going to edit or delete
preceding pages, it would be possible to do without section breaks. Is there
any reason why you cannot enclose these three particular pages in its own
section?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Funny you should mention conditional fields, Tony!

When I couldn't get the header to work right I thought I'd try some of my
"newfound knowledge" (I guess it was too soon to call it knowledge!) and
put
a conditional header on it. I quickly abandoned that idea, but maybe I
didn't completely get rid of what I had started to do.

By the way, Tony, I would appreciate your answering a question for me:

Let's say I have a document that has 50 pages in it. Other people are at
times adding and/or deleting pages. But let's say that on what is now
page
35 I always want a certain header to be on that page as well as the three
following pages. Other than a section break, is there a conditional
field
way of indicating that no matter who adds or deletes a page, I always want
certain page header to be on that particular page and the two that follow
it?
In other words, is there a field that says "this physical page, no matter
where it falls?"

As you can tell, I just love trying to do things that I really don't fully
understand. When they sometimes work, though, it just encourages me to
keep
trying! And with your help and that of the others in this wonderful
discussion group, I will always keep trying!