Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
qumranandy qumranandy is offline

Default dictionary style header

It's an insurance list. The left column has the last name of the person.
The next column has first name of the person. The final column has the age.
I want the header to give the beginning last name on the page and the ending
last name on the page: "Bigelow to Burr". In the list itself I don't want
"Bigelow" to appear thirty times but rather only at the first occurrence.
That means that 29 times column one is blank or appears blank when the list
is printed. How do I get column one to be blank most of the time when
printed, but despite that the header registers the correct beginning and
ending names on the page? For instance the printed page may have only one
name in the left column: "Bowman" that appears 1/2 way down, but the header
says "Bigelow to Bowman".