Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Billie Thein Billie Thein is offline

Default Values will not keep format from Excel to Word xp mail merge

Could you please help me? I have been doing a mail merge from Excel to Word
(2003). I have been reading alot of your posts on using the percentage
field codes and I finally got that part to work with the merge.

Now I have a problem with a syntax error. What I am doing it I have the
following fields in Excel: Collateral Value, % Field, % Recoverable Cost.
The Value in Collateral Value is taken by 70% to come up with the
Recoverable cost. I have 7 different collateral types and values. Some
customers may only need to use one of them while others need more up to the
seven. The first calculations works fine for all of the customers, but
after that, if there really is no collateral, I keep getting a syntax error.

I will also include the formulas that I have entered. In the mail merge:

{ ={MERGEFIELD "M_RE C2"} * 100 \# "0% "}

If this is anything you could help me with, I would greatly appreciate it.
I apologize if you can't understand what it is that I am asking, but I can't
figure out how to ask what I need.

Thanks, Billie