Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bufossil bufossil is offline

Default Need Total Page Count to Ignore Front Matter Pages

I am using Word 2003 SP2 and Windows XP SP2.

I have a client who can't grasp the concept that the total page count
includes the front matter. All the client sees is that the very last page of
the printed document says, "Page 152 of 157." The client says, "This
document is missing 5 pages."

Is there a way to have the Number of Pages tool in Word ignore the page
count in the Front Matter? The document has several sections, so it must
count all sections except the first one.

For now I am using a Field Code with the formula { = { NUMPAGES }-5 }, but
that approach is risky because the page count in the front matter might
eventually change.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tim Munyon