Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AndyC812 AndyC812 is offline

Default Problems Merging Data from Excel to Word for MAC

I don't understand. I can't even figure out how to use "DDE" in Windows,
much less Mac. I get an error that the connection cannot be established with
the Excel file. Could you give me a little bit more on this? How will this
avoid truncation?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I am not sure if it is the same on the MAC, but in Word 2003 on Windows,
from the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the General tab and check
the box against the Confirm conversions at open item. Then when you attach
the data source to the mail merge main document, select the DDE method of
connection.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"AndyC812" wrote in message
I developed a spreadsheet and accompanying Word report templates in Office
2003 on Windows. When I go to use them on a Mac with Office 2004 I am
getting some unusual behavior. Particularly with large merge fields, when
they come over into the Word the merge data is truncated or worse, it gets
truncated and extra character has an underscore between them l_i_k_e
t_h_i_s. This renders my reports useless. Has anyone ever run into this
problem? I can't seem to find any documentation on this anywhere.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!