Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How do I unlink endnotes but keep numbering in text and ref li

To convert endnotes to text you can use this macro by Doug Robbins:

Sub ConvertTheEndNotes()

' Macro created 29/09/99 by Doug Robbins to replace endnotes with
'textnotes
'at end of document and
' to replace the endnote reference in the body of the document with a
'superscript number.
'
Dim aendnote As Endnote
For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes
ActiveDocument.Range.InsertAfter vbCr & aendnote.Index _
& vbTab & aendnote.Range
aendnote.Reference.InsertBefore "a" & aendnote.Index & "a"
Next aendnote
For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes
aendnote.Reference.Delete
Next aendnote
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find.Replacement.Font
.Superscript = True
End With
With Selection.Find
.Text = "(a)([0-9]{1,})(a)"
.Replacement.Text = "\2"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = True
.MatchWildcards = True
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

End Sub

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"elize" wrote in message
It seems you are boffin when it gets to the endnotes! I am anable see an
anwer for the second part of your question: How do I unlink endnotes but
keep numbering in the text as well as the reference list.