Did you read the article I referred you to? It explains how to put portrait
header and footer on a landscape page. If you insist on trying to rotate
your table, you'll have to do it the hard way, setting it up a quarter turn
rotated and rotating all the text 90 degrees.

"Mal" wrote in message
The problem I have is not that the sections are lnadscape/portrait. It is
that the table fits on a landscape formatted page thus the table width is
across the 11" width of a landscape page and the table rows descend from

the
top across the 8.5" length. I want to take the table and physically

rotate
all text so it reads on a portrait orientation from bottom to top such

that
the table widht is now in the vertical direction of the portrait page as

if I
removed a landscape page, rotated 90 and inserted in the document with the
top now along the left edge and viewed from the right side of the paper
(which is now the table bottom.) Obviously I can print in separate passes
and manually insert and perpaps get the header/footer correct.

But can this be done internally so all is printed as one. Can the table

be
turned internally in the document so it prints as I would like or is this
just too much for Word to do?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mal" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000.
I would like to have a table printed such that the top of the table

is
against the left margain as if the table were rotated. If I print in
landscape mode, then the headers and footers are along the long edges

and
cannot just insert these pages into the document by rotating the paper

as
the
headers and footers would now be left and right. However I want the

table
printed in portrait mode, with headers and footers along the short

edges
but
with the table running across the page. Thus my page orientation

remains
portrait. In other words, in the printed document I would have to

rotate
the
document to view the table.

How do I do this.