Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc

Default multi-level bullet lists

Shank,
Concerning the way to stop a bulleted list you can do one of four things:
a) press enter two times (like you discovered yourself)
b) press enter and hit backspace
c) press enter and click on the numbering button of the standard toolbar
d) press enter and hit ctrl+q

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

3. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
a) blah blah blah
b) blah blah blah
c) blah blah blah

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
a) blah blah blah
b) blah blah blah

4. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

How do I make the above look like:

3. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
a) blah blah blah
b) blah blah blah
c) blah blah blah

4. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
a) blah blah blah
b) blah blah blah

5. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

thanks

"Luc" wrote in message
Shank,
Have you tried shift+tab for a higher level or tab for a lower level?

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

I have a completed document and I'm trying to separate into the proper
bullet levels. I have the 1st level digits 1, 2, 3 etc, and 2nd level
letters a), b), c), etc.

Inbetween #3 and #4 I have a heading that I want to become #4. I hit the
enter key and I keep making e), f), g), etc. I've tried combinations of
CTRL, ALT, and ENTER with no luck. Can't find the solution in help
either.

How do I make that happen?

While I'm at it, how do I form new 1st level bullets?

How do I stop bullet list? double-enter works, but that just makes 2
blank lines. Should I double-enter, then backspace? Is that the right
way?

thanks!