Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Space after paragraphs

Hi Mary

Mary Ann wrote:
I am creating a copy of our company stationery in Word. I understand the
space between our address lines is 14 pts.

that is 14 pt from base line to base line, right? Not "between" lines
(measuring some form of whitespace) only, I presume. Baseline to
baseline spacing is also called "leading."

However, when I use Space After
14 points, the space between lines is much greater than on our printed
letterhead.

"Space after" is after each _paragraph_.

What space does Word normally create between paragraphs? I suspect it is
the same as the font size €“ is that the case?

No. When you choose "single", you get leading between 10% and 20%,
depending on font size.

If my font size is 7.5 points and I want to have 14 points between
paragraphs, what Space After do I need? Would a Space After of 6.5 points
then give me exactly a 14 point gap?

Keep it as simple as possible: define 7.5 pt font size and "Exactly: 14
pt" leading, and no spacing before/after for your task.

HTH
Robert