Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jvh jvh is offline

Default Hanging Indent

Greetings,

I believe what I need is a hanging indent however the help file gives
the same instructions for all types of indentation and it is not
working as I thought it should.

I wish to put a word on the left side of the page such as Discuss,
Spec, Maint, etc and then tab over and start a block of text on the
same line and have the text continue at this column until I hit a hard
CR. After I type to the end of the line word then inserts a tab and my
block is indented on the first line. Perhaps I should use a table but
then aligning rows seems to be an equal chore.

Thanx,

John