Stephen Gray

Many thanks Doug, even with the UndoClear the speed still degrades.

When I add the Row I then need to format it, and if I do this using the
..Find method the process begins to degrade (there is only one table per
page not one massive table )

I posted the code on an earlier topic

Basically the process is :
If new page create table
Add Row ( which is taken from another document and has characters in
that need removing )
Apply the code to remove the chars .. which I posted on an earlier
topic.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...49ee4722432feb

The weird thing is if I work on the same range, removing the characters
by going through FormattedText.Characters there is no performance
degradation as I go through the rows .. which doesn't make sense ..
it's almost as if Word is holding onto something on ever search and
replace where by it doesn't care if I "do it by hand".

Most strange eh?

Regards

Steve