Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] riverLYNX@gmail.com is offline

Default Help! -- MS Office 2003 -- Rt Click Dialog Box Paste to Save FileName

Office 2003 , Word, Excel --

I am a Disabled War Vet and use the computer and the Internet every
day for various research. I use a “Wireless Mouse” and an “On Screen
Keyboard” in place of the normal Keyboard most of the time. I often
make notes and copy text and images from Wikipedia encyclopedia, etc;
I then paste various (Legal Free Use) text and images into MS Notepad
and Paint.

If I decide to keep a copy of certain information; I save a MS
Notepad and/or Paint document by: selecting desirable “Key Word(s)”
with the mouse then “Right-Click” to copy my selection then “Left-
Click” File Save As and then in the ensuing Blank “File Name:
Dialog Box” [ I “Right-Click”, and paste the previously copied
selection ] -- thereby saving the file with a meaningful label. This
is very easy and I do it all the time, using many programs off and on
the Internet.

My VERITABLE QUANDARY.
My terrible aggravating longstanding problem is that I cannot do this
natural procedure in Microsoft Office 2003, Word, Excel, etc. When I
go to “Right-click” the Blank “File Name: Dialog Box” – the “Right-
Click” does nothing! It is disabled, and I need to overcome this one
too.

As it is -- I have to set everything down, and reach for the Physical
Keyboard – and then make an awkward for me, "CTRL-V" -- to paste the
text that I want for a File name. If I can do this using MS Notepad,
or Paint and countless other programs – I sure should be able to do it
in the M$ Office Programs.

I’ll guess that fixing this will be embarrassingly very easy – but it
escapes me how – please, will some kind and knowledgeable person help
me out as very soon as possible?

If you know of a better place to ask about this, please post that too.

Thanks & Peace
Stanford