helpdesk genie

I would say that too if I couldn't the same doc. She recieves the doc, it
fails to open, she forwards it to me and I send it to her as a txt and then
she can open it.. Just plain strange

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sometimes docs are damaged in transit. Zipping them seems to offer some
protection (not to mention reduce the upload/download time).

"helpdesk genie" wrote in message
She has actually done both, tried to open directly and saved to her

desktop
to open. The weird things she can get 3 docs in an email and be able to

open
2 but not the 3rd.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is she trying to open the docs directly from the email? This is never a

good
idea. She should save the doc to a document folder, then start Word and

open
it from the folder.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"helpdesk genie" wrote in

message
Hi folks,
I have a user who on occassion is unable to open Word documents sent

her.
She is running the same version and itteration of Word as I am and

all
our
settings are the same. I have no problem opening the docs.
The last one I had to paste as straight text into email to get it to

her.
Since these are confidential docs, it is not a good solution. Anyone

have
any
ideas?
Thanks