Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
C Hagen C Hagen is offline

Default Using Mail merge for multiple documents

What I am trying to do:
I use multiple forms on a daily basis to route work thru our shop. I end up
opening each doc and adding/editing alot of information. I want to be able to
set up the forms with mail merge so I can fill in a single form and fill in
all the blocks required.

What I have done so far:
I have edited all my forms to add the merge information, I have even linked
all the pages into one merge.

Issues at the moment:
When I did merge all the documents the Header and footer information (where
I had added all the data) was missing.
I would like to be able to set up something so that I can check off which
pages are required to print and the info block information.

Example:
Here is the information I am adding, Customer Name, Work #, Part#, Serial #
(these will change on every merge).
I have multiple documents such as work scope, disassembly and assembly sheets.
Depending on the Part and work scope I will have various forms that will be
required.

So if i could make a form to fill in the Name,work#,part# & serial# and then
select which forms they need to be applied to and print that would work
wonderfully.

If anyone has done this and can explain it to me I would be very helpfull
Thanks in advance.