Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How can I find the data-source of mail merge document?

The VBA command

ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.Name

returns the name of the data source that is attached to a mail merge main
document.

It would be possible to write a macro that went through all of the documents
in a folder and inserted the name of the document and of its attached data
source into a table in a new document.

The procedure would be a modification of the code in the article "Find &
ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Phillip" wrote in message
I have a folder containing over a hundred MS Word mailmerge documents.
The data for each document apears to be a different Access Database Query.
I'd like to know If I can identify the qury record source from the Word
Document?